Skip to main content

monday, again.

 10:29AM

    Since I've lasted posted, things have been moving. As I type this, I'm sipping coffee at a diner in Marietta, waiting on a steak breakfast that I just ordered. The last time I posted it was before the Holiday that just passed. The holiday treated me well, I saw friends and played a ton of disc golf. Yesterday I played 49 holes. 

    Still searching for a job. I am at a loss for words on what to do in terms of the job agency and the job they offered me. It's been about a month and they still haven't made a decision, or found a job for me. It's hard to stay in my "mode" of feeling good and working towards my goals, when no one else believes in you, your work ethic, and what you can do for them. 

    My mother's birthday is tomorrow. I will admit, there were times in my mental health spat, this day would pass and I would remember weeks later that her birthday was already on a past date. I'm happy I'm finally, FINALLY, feeling like I'm beginning to stride out this thing called life. Although I may not be where I want to be right now. I know the universe is in my favor (like always, even if it's hard to see.) I know personally that my perpetual quest for excellence is a driving factor in how I feel, and how I perceive other's including Mom's opinion on my success. My success is not determined by my family's perception, but who doesn't like it when people tell you they are proud of you? 

My food just arrived, here's the meal this AM.




I'll make another post today about the house that closes this evening and our eventual move! I can't forget to update on my music as well. SHOW THIS WEEKEND AT THE TAVERN 8-12. Come out!

until next time,
-david 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

boredom

 6:00PM     Today was a successful day in a couple aspects, and the day is still yet to finish.  I had the second interview for a sales position and a premium tent and tiny home company in Marietta. The interview was solid. I killed it. I am confident that I will receive an offer Friday, or Monday at the latest. The interviewer was the head of sales with the company, and he seemed to receive everything I put out there very well. I'm glad I finally have some confidence with the job outlook out here. Shit is seriously depressing, well has been, for quite some time.       The DJ world is definitely not all glitz and glamour as it's sometimes portrayed as. It's empty rooms, bombing sets, forgetting equipment, the list could go on in all the "bad" parts of disc jockeying. I read today that you aren't a real DJ unless you've thought about giving up a couple times. That statement is mostly true, as it isn't an easy career path. The career path part is what ma

humble beginnings

10:02 PM     I've decided to finally start a blog,  specifically involving my life as an artist. On the surface, this is a daunting task to me. I'm hoping that this will be a great outlet, a way to measure and record progress, and an accountability constraint. It is my aim to become more  efficient and effective with my time within the realm of my music and content revolving around the sound.      For those who haven't been around, or I haven't caught up on my life- I moved back to Ohio on the 22nd of May, and it has so revitalizing to my soul.  In the PNW, I felt like I was constantly "wearing a mask" or changing myself like a chameleon to better suit the environment. When I came back to the Ohio valley, I immediately knew this place is what had been missing from my life. This is the  place where I didn't have to change who I was to fit in. This is the place where I standout for eximplary reasons. This is the place I call home.      The PNW was a dark pla