Skip to main content

humble beginnings

10:02 PM

    I've decided to finally start a blog, specifically involving my life as an artist. On the surface, this is a daunting task to me. I'm hoping that this will be a great outlet, a way to measure and record progress, and an accountability constraint. It is my aim to become more efficient and effective with my time within the realm of my music and content revolving around the sound. 

    For those who haven't been around, or I haven't caught up on my life- I moved back to Ohio on the 22nd of May, and it has so revitalizing to my soul. In the PNW, I felt like I was constantly "wearing a mask" or changing myself like a chameleon to better suit the environment. When I came back to the Ohio valley, I immediately knew this place is what had been missing from my life. This is the  place where I didn't have to change who I was to fit in. This is the place where I standout for eximplary reasons. This is the place I call home. 

    The PNW was a dark place- literally, spiritually, and socially for me. Portland area is without sunlight for ~164 days of the year. I always joke about how if the Sun shined more out in the PNW, I would be "too damn powerful." I still stand by this statement. I know the number one thing I missed the most about Ohio was the Sun and Sunshine. My god, it is so much brighter out here than anywhere I was in the PNW. Ohio has the most fluffy, almost fake looking, painted clouds everywhere in the sky. Even as the sun peeks through from behind one of these beautiful giants, the sunlight still shines through. 

The warmth of the sun warms my soul, and I know this place is where I need to be at this time in my life. 

 


    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

monday, again.

 10:29AM     Since I've lasted posted, things have been moving. As I type this, I'm sipping coffee at a diner in Marietta, waiting on a steak breakfast that I just ordered. The last time I posted it was before the Holiday that just passed. The holiday treated me well, I saw friends and played a ton of disc golf. Yesterday I played 49 holes.      Still searching for a job. I am at a loss for words on what to do in terms of the job agency and the job they offered me. It's been about a month and they still haven't made a decision, or found a job for me. It's hard to stay in my "mode" of feeling good and working towards my goals, when no one else believes in you, your work  ethic, and what you can do for them.      My mother's birthday is tomorrow. I will admit, there were times in my mental health spat, this day would pass and I would remember weeks later that her birthday was already on a past date. I'm happy I'm finally, FINALLY, feeling ...

danksgiving

thurs nov 28 aka thanksgiving 8:55pm what a great day today has been. slept in, had dinner with family at noon, cleaned house, and played video games with the homies. I've been at my spot in Logan since August, and it has been vibes imo.  entering producer mode for the winter. I have my laptop station setup for making music rather than mixing it. I'm going to try to start streaming on twitch Fridays 10-2 playing music on my cdjs. I also want to stream myself producing tracks as well. I did that in the past couple months and it was a successful venture.  starting on a new track this evening!  will update later!

caffeine & serum

 12:24AM     Well, I drank coffee after dinner and now I know I may not sleep this evening. All is not lost, I'm studying wavetables trying to understand how tf serum actually works. I'm 3/20 in the mastering series I found on YouTube. In the first three videos I cannot believe how much I've learned. It's hard for me to watch anything (I don't watch film or television) so finally being able to sit through lessons on topics I'm interested in is refreshing. So far each video is about 20 minutes long and he goes through the VST one component at a time, and then reiterates what he just lectured on at the end of the video to reinforce.     I have been trying to meditate more often (shooting for daily) and this evening was a good session.  Breath work and body scanning have been the topics thus far, and they have helped more than I thought was going to be possible through guided meditation on an iPhone app.       It's astounding to me how muc...